Australia is burning.
The worst is yet to come:
24 people dead
500 million animals dead
8,000 koalas dead
Over 5.5 million hectares burned (the size of Belgium)
Fire perimeter more than 10,000 miles long
More than 1400 homes destroyed
Thousands of other buildings & structures destroyed
An as yet uncalculated number damaged

10 million people or more breathing in toxic levels of bushfire smoke
Australia’s largest ever evacuation under way
Third State of Emergency declared for New South Wales this fire season
State of Disaster declared for the state of Victoria.

Thousands of people trapped in towns that need to be evacuated
Thousands of people on beaches sheltering from intense heat, ash and burning embers.

Help community recover.

Parts of Australia are experiencing unprecedented bushfire activity.

Since July 2019, Red Cross teams have responded to 30 emergencies (some of which have been going for up to 6 weeks) and supported over 18,600 people, through the efforts of more than 1,590 volunteers and staff.

Right now we’re supporting thousands of people in evacuation centres and recovery hubs across Australia.

Our Register.Find.Reunite service, which reunifies people who have been separated in the bushfire emergency, has registered over 30,000 people and taken more than 5,000 enquires.

It’s thanks to people like you.

Your donation helps Red Cross give people the support they need in disasters, whenever and wherever they happen. We have decades of experience in caring for people affected by earthquakes, cyclones, floods, storms, fire, drought and other emergencies.

This includes:

• recovery programs and emergency assistance in communities affected by disasters like bushfires, heat, floods cyclones and other emergencies
  • helping people and communities prepare for disasters and protect what matters most
  • training, equipment, logistics and coordination of our volunteers

How your donation to Disaster Relief and Recovery helps

• Supporting people at evacuation centres and recovery hubs

• Psychological first aid to reduce trauma

• Emergency assistance (including cash grants to people who have lost homes in these bushfires)

• Supporting our volunteers and covering their expenses

• Longer-term recovery programs in disaster-affected communities

• Helping families and communities prepare for disasters

• Essential costs like transport, office space, finance and IT systems
Categories: TheTVSpot

97 Comments

Rachel Maartens · 06.01.2020 at 06:46

How can I help? I have all the basic training (through SA DEFENCE FORCE: civil defence college) in disaster management and some experience in mass catering and first aid. Although I am 63 years old, I am fit, healthy and energetic – willing to travel to Australia to be part of a team assisting communities In their time of need.

Isireli Vunibaka · 06.01.2020 at 12:45

To go for volunteers

Amanda · 10.01.2020 at 23:18

Me too!! I’m 39 and a fit mom..I am too willing and would love too go help! I just don’t know how or who too talk too about going!

ninjakid · 11.01.2020 at 19:14

wow id love to hear your story.

Melissa Nieves · 11.01.2020 at 19:18

I’d like to help. I’m 22 and would love to help the people of Australia. To go for volunteer.

Dorte Godiksen · 13.01.2020 at 21:19

Would love go AS volenteer, im A nurseassistan

Jake · 12.01.2020 at 01:26

They need to send people that just wanna volunteer

Amy Noemi Claudio · 12.01.2020 at 21:49

That’s what I’m saying, I would love to go volunteer as long as my hotel, food is included..

Anonymous · 15.01.2020 at 11:01

Amy Claudio volunteers many times don’t get hotels, it’s not a vacation!!! You stay in shelters provided by Red Cross or other assisting institutions. Most of the time food it’s provided but not of high quality, just something to survive! So think again!

Anon · 16.01.2020 at 18:09

Amy Noemi Claudio I have volunteered in many places over the world. I always had to pay my way. That’s why it’s called volunteering. You work for a few months to enable the travel / volunteering. Who else are you expecting to pay for it?

Billy · 16.01.2020 at 18:13

Oh my AmyNoemi Claudio you don’t understand volunteering. Who are you thinking will be paying for a hotel for you to stay in??!! So you will be there ‘helping’ but people need to out you up somewhere nice and feed you! Work a paid job for 6 months. Volunteer 6 months and pay your way like everyone else. Think before you type. Countries in crisis don’t need your hotel bill too.

Maggie Elwell · 12.01.2020 at 22:01

I want to Volunteer! How do I start! I dont gave alot of money to donate but I am willing to travel. 💕😭

Rachael Elwell · 14.01.2020 at 05:34

I know that’s my same problem. I don’t have a lot of funds but I want to do anything I can to go over and help them

I. Tina Nickell · 13.01.2020 at 23:07

I WANT TO HELP VOLUNTEER

Jarred Moore · 14.01.2020 at 00:46

I definitely agree, If I could go I would. I am an EMT-B and firefighter in the state of West Virginia.

Isireli Vunibaka · 06.01.2020 at 12:44

To go for volunteers

Vince · 06.01.2020 at 15:08

Prayb and all will be right. Other nations please help .

Steven De witt · 06.01.2020 at 19:52

I build for 4years how can I help

Dino · 07.01.2020 at 03:56

I sacrificed! Pray for Australia

Jerry · 07.01.2020 at 10:39

Willling to help in any anyways….I am 31yrs old

Anonymous · 07.01.2020 at 15:44

my the almighty God of Israel resque Australia

sipina koti · 08.01.2020 at 02:32

Sad sad sad…i will not forget aussy in my prayer

Garry Logo · 08.01.2020 at 09:31

I am an CEO MANAGING DIRECTOR GEEMICXS SKY INTELLIGENCE SECURITY COMPANY in PAPUA NEW GUINEA.

CURRENTLY I DONT HAVE FUNDS TO DONATE BUT IF YOUR ORGANIZATION NEED HELPING HANDS IN CLEANING A LONG FIRE PLACE WE CAN HELP TO PARTICIPATE IN THAT AREA. GOD BLESS AUSTRALIAN

moron · 09.01.2020 at 07:57

wowngrwat marketing you tool!! how about leave your company name out and just volunteer ya dousche

Lida · 11.01.2020 at 16:36

Uncalled for go troll somewhere else.

How da hell r u a ceo and don’t have funds to help donate u piece of of shit · 09.01.2020 at 22:30

Lll

Beckett · 11.01.2020 at 15:13

How about this? In this forum disrespect and name calling anyone offering hands on help, whether the owner of a small business to a corporate ceo is I felicitous. Apply that time instead to your own availability to help those struggling during this tragedy. Thank you in advance.

Beckett · 11.01.2020 at 15:15

That should read infelicitous.

Beckett · 11.01.2020 at 15:16

Correction: infelicitous.

Elaine · 13.01.2020 at 23:31

Troll some where else.

Sherry · 15.01.2020 at 06:08

I want to help in,anyway possible I am lost with word’s and heart broken how can I be any service to the people animals

Clayton Tuata · 08.01.2020 at 12:32

Im willing to help the people of Australia to be physically involve with the authorities to help and assist in any way possible down there. Jah Bless Australia

Dinah Kemigisa · 08.01.2020 at 19:27

Praying for Australia and believing God’s provision upon beloved people in Australia!!!💝😥🙏🙏🙏

Jamie Tanaka · 09.01.2020 at 08:06

Hi,I’m 46 years old&I would like to help. I live in Japan,but I would like to help out.

Vincent Grizanti · 09.01.2020 at 15:23

Do a concert there you need to do a big concert there to help Australia on America should help and other countries should help I think I would like to be involved Vincent grizanti 814-453-4262

Anonymous · 11.01.2020 at 10:49

So sad..prayn for all people and wildlife out there..they should really try to help wild life just like they try 2help ppl tho..devastating..sendn luv n preyn 4 aussy

Lois pwol · 09.01.2020 at 18:12

Will like to be a volunteer staff with the Red Cross especially by helping the victims of the Australia burning in any way possible, I sacrifice. I am from Nigeria.

Sihle · 09.01.2020 at 20:21

God bless australia am from south africa i wish i could help but am wiling to volunteer in any kind

Niko · 10.01.2020 at 01:15

So, all over the globe people donated money to help.
My questions is, if Australia is known to have a hot weather.. why they didn’t built specials tanks to stop fires and so on? I mean.. you are near water all over.. but can’t you make an effort to do those?
That money will not bring back dead people, dead animals and insects.. will just feed those who never cared about nature. I am sorry that I am so rude but this is a slap from God so that Australia can wake up! to care about their land!

Maria Mitchell · 10.01.2020 at 03:57

We live in Australia , and what some people don’t understand is that Australia is the 2nd driest continent, and 70% of it are desert and only gets very little rain every year. People live only on the coastal areas. We have big dams in every cities. People build tanks, man made creeks, dams on the rural areas, towns, and farms and on their properties to have water for their animals and for their own use, but at the moment we are in a middle of a long drought ( 2 yrs) so, these creeks, small dams, tanks that people built are empty? Our big dams in the city areas at the moment are only 43% full. So even how many tanks you have if NO RAIN , what can you do? Trees, grasses and soil are just so dry !!! We always have bush fires every summer but just this year was the worst ! Please look at the geographical map of Australia and also do a research of Australia’s climate to have a better understanding. Thank you everyone for all your prayers, financial aid, and all your support….God bless us all .

Anonymous · 10.01.2020 at 16:49

Thank you for your thoughtful and educating comments. Non-Aussies don’t know your climate.

Matthew wright · 10.01.2020 at 18:44

An amazing response ! You handled that very well! We will pray for yall! Keep your heads up! Remember the comeback is always bigger than the setback. God bless.

Bill Cosgrove · 11.01.2020 at 20:47

God Bless you Australia!! Keep up the fight Maria! The earth will revive itself agin so have faith.

Nohemí · 12.01.2020 at 20:14

Thank you for your information, God bless you all

Patricia Hollby · 14.01.2020 at 23:35

My prayers are with you all.

Renee Stern · 11.01.2020 at 18:12

I don’t think Australia needs your logistics right now……… I THINK THE PEOPLE AND ANIMALS NEED PEOPLES HELP. SO STOP CRITICIZING AND HELP.

Natalie · 13.01.2020 at 11:51

Thanks for the honesty. Money can’t bring back what is lost, lives. They aren’t asking for volunteers. You take the land from the people, now The Higher Power takes it from you. Water, water everywhere but nothing to stop it

Anthony · 10.01.2020 at 06:55

This has devastated me big time I’m so sorry Australia and allxthem animals rips my hart apart .. I wish I could be there and volunteer on anything

Anthony · 10.01.2020 at 06:57

And I’m canadian u need me I’m there

Jenn · 10.01.2020 at 07:12

Im Canadian to Anthony

Jenn · 10.01.2020 at 07:11

Ive been thinking about Australia since the bushfires started to be worse and destroying homes and killing many animals i pray for rain and to stop the devastation. It breaks my heart i wish there was more fund raising and maybe do some concerts and redcross in other communities would chip in also wish other countries were more help . no one can help the drought but people can help other people . and get them back on theyre feet .

Mohammed · 10.01.2020 at 09:59

Lots of prime real estate gonna be for sale

Dorothy · 12.01.2020 at 04:52

Uncalled for and poor taste regarding real estate subject. If your interested you can go West to California and invest in the burned out land people have died protecting just like Australia. YIPES! BOTTOM FEEDER

Anonymous · 13.01.2020 at 07:02

Mohammed
    REALLY!?!?! IS THIS A JOKE TO YOU?!?!?!
    WHY EVEN COMMENT YOU SICK MAN

Timothy · 10.01.2020 at 17:05

I would like to help with the rebuilding. An help the people with building temporary shelters. I’m in the US . Please let me know how to get involved

nathanielhongchui@gmail.com · 10.01.2020 at 19:17

What I can do is pray for the poor souls

Kelvin · 10.01.2020 at 20:08

Anything I can help am ready to voluntarily helping those in challenge

Oluwaseyi olukoya · 11.01.2020 at 02:11

Am ready to help but now l have no found if any help l can help about building am ready to help God bless Australia and l pray almighty God we return all the lost with good

Muhammad Adam · 11.01.2020 at 02:45

Long live Australia

Steven · 11.01.2020 at 04:28

So sad to see Australia

Aussie4Lyfe · 11.01.2020 at 07:18

Living here is extremely dangerous right now. We need water. I have an idea but I need your support. $LadiiHill on cashapp is quickest way to get the funds I need to get gas in our van to get close to airport. Hopefully we get enough to fly out. Me and my four will be okay but the more tickets we can book the better. People have lost phones, power, etc.. No one has come to fly us out or to evacuate the beaches! Red Cross? Where? I’ll hold it all in and push on. Bless everyone in this time. Amen

Gary Cleaver · 15.01.2020 at 11:04

Don’t believe Aussie4yfe. It sounds like BS to me. If he and his family were in imminent danger they would have been sorted/ DON’T SEND HIM MONEY

John M. Alexander · 11.01.2020 at 09:25

There’s Something Strange About That Fire.

Anonymous · 11.01.2020 at 11:35

Pray for Australia 😥😰😫😩🥺😤😭😭😭😭

ROBIN DENTON · 11.01.2020 at 13:52

Australia is a long way away from the rest of the world. The problem. They have is their immigration policy. They think that they are better than everyone else. That they don’t need the rest of the world and it’s irrelevant. And if you want to live in Australia you have to be a super rich guy or a super intelligent person. You put YR refugees on a desert island. Now Australia has discovered rain comes from the rest of the world who have more trees. Like Brazil. Congio. Borneo. Our human species must stop this arrogance. This bush fire has woken up Australians from their blissful slumber of isolation. I hope it teaches them in future more compassion for those suffering around the world due to political and economic persecution. Like white people in South Africa. Australia is no longer England in the sun. I personally have had no desire to visit the country of the arrogant. But I hope and pray this disaster will bring people together and open the hearts of those who think they are better than others because they live in a, big and mineral rich country. Australia.. You are part of humanity. It’s time to open up to it.

Tony Healy. · 12.01.2020 at 02:33

I don’t think foreigners should be there. Should be left to the aboriginal people. The migrants have raped the country and treated the indigenous people like savages. They were happy and nomadic people, not taking too much from the land to destroy it. Europeans should get out of Australia and America. We are the death of all we touch.

Heidi · 12.01.2020 at 11:30

I agree totally from all the atrocities to indigenous humans and non humans has been done and it wont ever stop

Gwendalynn · 13.01.2020 at 06:58

SHUT UP YOU STUPID WOMAN! PEOPLE ARE DEAD ANIMALS ARE DEAD! THE LAND IS FULL OF DEATH!
    AND YOUR OVER HERE RANTING AND RAVING LIKE THIS WAS THEIR FAULT! KOALA BEARS MAY BECOME EXTINCT! SO MANY DEAD ANIMALS! IS THAT THE ANIMALS FAULT? DID THEY ALL DESERVE IT? THE DEATH IS HORRENDOUS!!!
    THEY NEED TO START BURYING THE DEAD ANIMALS SO THAT DISEASES DON’T SPREAD.
    WHO IS SO HEARTLESS TO SAY SUCH THINGS DURING A NATURAL DISASTER!!!
    LITTERALY IN TEARS! ALL COUNTRIES NEED TO ASSIST AUSTRALIA!!!

Gary Cleaver · 15.01.2020 at 11:20

Plomker Robin Denton, you have your history mixed up and listen to too much propaganda. We take in 200000 immigrants each year, we don’t accept illegal immigrants and if found prior to entering Australia we have detention camps in Nauru, Manus Island and Christmas Island. If the illegals can prove their true refugee status they are generally rehoused in Australia. If not they are deported back from whence they came. We know where the rain comes from you Dill…but it has been drought conditions for at least 2 years which makes for harsh bush fire conditions then we get a spring come early summer record temperatures and the fires stop and CAN’T be stopped! I could go on but I suspect I am wasting my . Thanks to the real people out there sending donations and offers of support…we will rebuild and we will persevere!

Robin · 11.01.2020 at 14:00

The planet is going through great changes. The scope of this fire shows us that unless we work together to make the world green again. To get politicians in power who care about how we eat… What we breathe.. What we drink. And how we trade.. We are simply not going to leave a world for our kids to live in. Seriously. Australians need to wake up. You have a big continent to look after and you have total assholes in Power. Part of the conservative ethos of I don’t give a shit I’m OK Jack mentality. No. Start paying oxygen tax to Brazil. Start desalination plants to provide more trees and evapotranspiration. A big place Australia with some great potential. But its attitude sucks. Always has. It’s time to change that and be open to the world and more empathetic.

Ольга Україна . · 11.01.2020 at 18:17

Дуже вспівчуваємо .

Anthony clark · 11.01.2020 at 18:20

Wish i could travel there to hrlp in any way i can but unfortunately i cant leave the country. Will be donating funds asap

Anonymous · 11.01.2020 at 18:27

i hope i can go there to help in any ways that i can. My prayers for Austrilia

Ricky Burroughs · 11.01.2020 at 22:07

I would love to go and voulinteer my help. I am very physically fit and in hawaii at the moment. Someone send me please??

Leon Fourie · 12.01.2020 at 01:32

Iwould love to go help

Marivic Cawili · 12.01.2020 at 02:26

I am willing to serve for a help

Tony Healy. · 12.01.2020 at 02:34

michael johnson · 12.01.2020 at 04:03

What makes Koala’s so special to be named instead of being categorized as an “animal” .

Racquel · 12.01.2020 at 05:40

My daughter and I would be willing to come there and help in any way possible. Who do we need to contact?

Jhena · 12.01.2020 at 06:27

I would like to help in any way .Please contact me for further info.My fiancé and I can help

Jhena · 12.01.2020 at 06:27

I would like to help in any way .Please contact me for further info.

Anthonia sapilo · 12.01.2020 at 13:35

Am 53 year old I will like to go and help is so sad I will buy my tickets I just want to help and see things my self,

Trisha · 12.01.2020 at 18:20

Wish I could do more for Australia, it’s animals, people, and land; however, the best I can do is pray to the Goddesses and Gods to end the 🔥 in Australia, for them to save as many animals, people, homes, businesses & as possible, and ask for Gaia’s help in the recovery process Australia will have to go through in the near future. May they watch over and protect all of those in danger. My deepest sympathies and regret for your many losses, may this terrible tragedy be over soon! Love 💖 you Australia! Namaste! 💙 😭 🙏

Trisha · 12.01.2020 at 18:27

Wish I could do more for Australia, it’s animals, people, and land; however, the best I can do is pray to the Goddesses and Gods to end the 🔥 in Australia, to save as many animals, people, & homes as possible. I beg for Gaia’s help in this too and in the recovery process Australia will have to go through in the near future. May they watch over and protect all of those in danger (animal & human alike)! My deepest sympathies and regret for your many losses Australia has suffered 💔. May this terrible tragedy be over soon! We 💖 you Australia! Namaste! 💙 😭 🙏 Blessed be!

Gwendalynn · 13.01.2020 at 06:47

ROBIN….how is your sarcassum helping? You are a thorn in the side of the we want to help group. And to the people that want hotel and food paid for. Look…they are trying to evacuate and need donations for medical supplies. Last thing they need is some pompous ass making wake up calls to a dessamation of their continent. Or a bunch of people getting a hotel and food….lets be real. Its not vacation! They need money. Not volenteers that want money. Vacuation! They are getting people out not letting people in. In fact…there shouldn’t even be anyone flying in. Only people flying out. Money for evacuations and medical supplies. WATER AND FOOD for the AUSTRAILIAN!

Anonymous · 13.01.2020 at 07:04

Mohammed
REALLY!?!?! IS THIS A JOKE TO YOU?!?!?!
WHY EVEN COMMENT YOU SICK MAN

Nicole sucharda · 13.01.2020 at 10:38

Would love to help volunteer can’t help with money at the moment but can travel and everything else u need help with

Sani Salisu · 13.01.2020 at 10:52

MAY ALLAH SUBAHANAHU WATAALA stop this fire for Australia

l? God gives his toughest batles to his strongest soldiers. The Lord will provide. · 13.01.2020 at 11:12

💋🐨✌💌💝🎗🏥🚒🚒🚒🚒🚜🚑🚑🏥🏥💯🕊🕊

Jerel Bersalona · 13.01.2020 at 14:05

Hello, I am from Hawaii, Im a combat veteran who is current in school but willing to sacrifice the time to help out if my assistance is needed, I don’t know what I am capable of as far as being of some assistance to Australia but whatever you can come up with I want to help. I’m not someone who has alot of money to donate but am pretty stable to travel and assist.

Lori Diamond · 13.01.2020 at 16:19

How do I become a volunteer for Red-Cross for things like this?

Susan coit · 14.01.2020 at 06:07

A reminder that Oz is size of usa( roughly speaking)with population of Ny state- maybe– help of any kind is welcome. No need for citizenship to help. Their manpower is exhausted& spead way too thin. Help now is whats needed. Critisize later/when its over.🐓🇦🇺

NJ Cares (US) · 14.01.2020 at 14:40

Here’s what CNN is reporting. So heartbreaking

ADEBAYO azeez MUSA · 14.01.2020 at 16:37

Owe all sympathies AUSTRALIA for this fire 🔥 I wish to join group that are attacking the fire 🔥 and also have knowledge of advance fire fight in marine if there is any vacancy for volunteers I will immediately join them thanks.

Anonymous · 15.01.2020 at 11:05

Anyone who wants to volunteer call your local AMERICAN RED CROSS they will provide information.

Rozanna · 16.01.2020 at 10:29

I live in Los Angeles! I would like to help!!!!!!

Bernie Mitchell · 17.01.2020 at 19:43

People died, those people who set the fire should be held responsible. That means the death penalty or at the very least life in prison plus a day